Increasingly, women and men are turning to injectables like Botox, Juvederm, and others to manage how their skin is showing the signs of aging. Injectables can be an awesome tool to vanquish unwanted crow’s feet, forsaken forehead furrows, grotesque Glabella lines, menacing marionette lines, and more. If this is a choice that you have made, there are a few guidelines you need to follow if you are also receiving facial treatments or facial waxing.
- Most physicians recommend you wait at least 4 hours before you apply any pressure to the injection area. Please consult with your doctor to find out his recommendation.
- Linde Esthetics recommends you wait at least 48 hours before getting your next facial treatment or facial wax. If there is any sensitivity or bruising, we recommend you wait until it subsides before receiving your next service.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity, like running a marathon or an intense session of cross-fit, for 24 hours.
- Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol. This can cause bruising of the face during the first 24 hours after the injection.
- It is suggested to sleep on your back the first night after getting Botox. Doing so avoids putting pressure on the treatment sites and minimizes the possibility of the Botox moving into an unwanted area.
- Do not wear hats or headbands in the days following treatment. Otherwise, the Botox might shift towards your eyes, potentially leading to droopy eyelids. While this is a rare side effect of Botox, it’s still best to take precautions to prevent it.
While Linde Esthetics does not offer Botox and other injectables, we realize that a large number of our clients receive these services. We want to make sure they have the best outcomes possible.
Questions? Please call us. 417.886.5463 or contact us via www.Linde-Esthetics.com.