To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after the treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
- Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and steam.
- Use an anti-acne lotion for face, back and chest following the treatment and twice a day until breakouts are gone. Use only an anti-acne product recommended by your skin care professional.
- Avoid suntanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolet (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments.
- Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes, perfume, scented body lotions, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays. Only use professional products, recom- mended to you by the skin care therapist who performed the waxing service
- Avoid using harsh abrasive or exfoliates in the waxed area. However if you are prone to in-grown hairs, the day after your waxing treatment, exfoliate newly waxed area with a loofah to avoid future problems.
- Avoid applying high SPF sunblocks to the waxed area for 12-24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
- Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal, and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving. This is the reason that professional waxing lasts so much longer.
For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.